Here's a picture of the little guy


Bien le bonjour, my dear fellow!

I must apologize for my late entry, I'll try to be more regular from now on (and will post a couple of one today and tomorrow). We'll talk today about the mascot and my second talgud (in another post). 

One of my tasks was to design and create a mascot (if you've read Celia's blog, you must remember her cute bee outfit). We talked about it with Kadri. This year's theme being a nocturnal animal, I first thought of an owl (I like owls) before settling for the flying squirrel (lendorav in Estonian), which also suited Kadri.

We talked about how we'd create the costume, which material we to use and starting making it. We settled for two fluffy blankets, cheap but would give a soft aspect to the squirrel outfit. Lacking any experience in stitching, Kadri helped me a lot (she did most of the work).

Kadri working on the wings

It was nonetheless a great experience for me, I got to used a sewing machine for the first time in my life.

I totally know what I'm doing, here

Not an easy thing to do, Kadri had to remedy some of my mistakes. In the end, though, we managed to create quite a lovely costume.

A very rare picture of a flying squirrel in its natural habitat. So majestic!