Here's one of the toads we're trying to help out

Hello there, and welcome to this new entry.

What did I do when I first came here? Kadri (my supervisor) and I discussed about what I would do here during my stay, as well as the logistics involved with my rent.

My first talgud was in Lohusuu, at Lake Peipsi, one of Europe's largest lake. It lasted from Friday 14th of June to the following Sunday. There was dozen of us, including 4 children. After arriving on site on Friday evening, we introduced ourselves, played Viking chess, cooked dinner (every meal was cooked by a different team every time) and went out around 10 to get close to the work site and try to see the Pelobates fuscus, aka the spadefoot toad (mudakonn in Estonian) we're here to help.

This toad needs sand to survive, and invasive plants are covering it, making its life much harder than it needs to be. We dag a path to allow them safely move from one pond to another.

The gang working on a safe path for toads

We also visited Lohusuu a little bit, most notably a small museum about the lake, its nature and history. We had breaks at the beach as well, some of us took a swim in the lake (the waters were very shallow at the shore, we had to walk roughly 100 meters to be able to swim), and we played on another beach as well.

The water's quite fresh!

Early on Sunday afternoon, while a couple of us went to visit a neighbouring watchtower, the rest of us went home.

The whole gang, ready to take on the world